The La Crosse Technology BC700 Alpha Power Battery Charger has four modes and charges all NiCd and NiMH AA and AAA rechargeable batteries. The four modes include charge, discharge (discharges the batteries and then recharges them), recharge (discharges and recharges up to 20 times to bring old batteries back to life) and test (displays the battery capacity).
BC-700 Battery Charger ” Features:
• All modes automatically default to 200 mA charge on the BC-700 Battery charger
• Charge both AA and AAA rechargeable batteries simultaneously and will charge all Low-Discharge batteries. Sanyo Eneloop, Uniross Hybrio, Nexcell EnergyOn, Accupower Acculoop and other future low discharge batteries.
• Hhas Four independent channels – Charges 1, 2, 3 , or 4 rechargeable batteries at a time.
• Overheat detection to protect over-charging and LCD shows capacity for each battery when charging is complete
• Charge Mode – allows a range of user selectable milliamp settings from 200 to 700 for faster charging times. Within 4 seconds after rechargeable batteries are inserted charging automatically begins at 200mA, or you may select 500, or 700mA charge rates for faster charging times.
• Discharge Mode – reduces memory effect by discharging rechargeable battery completely before recharging to full capacity. User selectable.
• Refresh Mode – discharges and recharges up to 20 cycles or until rechargeable battery is refreshed to full capacity. User Selectable.
• Test Mode- First charges the rechargeable battery to full capacity, then discharges completely to measure rechargeable battery capacity for display in mAh or Ah, and then recharges each rechargeable battery to full battery capacity.
• UL approved, BC 700 charger also has safeguards that sense rechargeable battery polarity, rechargeable battery temperature and defective rechargeable batteries.
• World Voltage capable – Operates on 100~240V AC Input.